Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Parallel Universe

Who are you and what have you done with my family?They (Kieran, Kaitlyn, Ashley and Melissa) turned off the TV and started a game of Trivial Pursuit. I was scrapbooking in the other room for awhile and then went off to bed with Harry and the game was still going. And the TV was still off!Then Rod turned on the tv in the lounge and called out for them to watch – South Park with reference to LOTR. Kieran began to follow instructions from Dad, but then the others announced if he turned the tv on, he would forfeit the game and he sat back down!!! Poor Rodney was still trying to coax them (come on, you know you will like it!) while I sat holding my breath …. But the tv stayed off!!Quite obviously my kids have been abducted by aliens and these stepford children left in their place! Considering we have a very open tv culture in our house – basically watch what you like wherever and whenever you choose – I was thrilled to see them actively choose a board game over the telly!!!!Next they will all be agreeing to eat exactly the same food ….. maybe?

No comments: