Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today I am thankful - memories, diversion and recycling

- for childhood memories. Today we had a family working bee to sort and declutter our storage unit. This included our newly-married daughter retrieving her boxes of old toys, school books etc after several years being hurriedly packed away for a bedroom redecorating. While she sat and sorted, choosing what to keep and what to let go, we all got to remember the years gone by. We also used the opportunity to go through old children's books, which resisting culling by invoking memories of endless stories on our knees.

- for technology, which allowed me to divert my home phone to the mobile and let me do my Breastfeeding Helpline shift while we de-cluttered. I was able to help a mother discuss ways to return her baby to the breast while putting everything back.

- for the two car-loads of stuff Melissa took down to her workplace: she works at Savers, a recycled store! Of course, she probably brings the same amount home each month, but at least it is different stuff!!!

No comments: