Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today I am thankful - attaching, super-food and new AV!!

- for clever newborns who know what to do! 4 babes today aged between 5 days and four weeks, all having attachment issues, all being fed EBM and formula from bottles. ALL went onto the breast first go when mum adjusted their position and put the mouth on the breast, not the breast into the mouth! All fed well and dropped off to sleep and went home with content mums and babies :) Sometimes it seems too easy.

- for a good food day - blueberry and raw cacao green smoothie for breakfast, quinoa and salmon stir-fry for lunch, fruit for snacks and water for drinks. Full of super-foods today!

- for getting the go ahead to update our AV set up at the Centre! Now to purchase and get installed asap, so the battle of the DVD player will be awarded to ME as winner!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I was an exclusively breast-feeding mom. My son and I went to 2 years and we have a bond I don't think I would have had without BF him. Are you a lactation consultant? You seem passionate about your work! I love it! I tell people if I could do it, you can do it! I'm a huge advocate of BF!

Unknown said...

LOL! Heather - just a little bit! I have been a volunteer breastfeeding counsellor for almost 19 years and work three days a week at a breastfeeding drop-in centre. Just a little passionate!