Friday, April 15, 2011

Today I am thankful - reminiscing, jeans and watching

- for reminiscing about high school days in a new Facebook group, chatting about teachers, students and events that are fresh in our minds - but thirty-ish years ago in our lives!

- for new jeans. I used to adore jeans but as my body has changed in mid-life, finding the right pair is agonising. But fitting into a new Levi style called "Demi Curve" made up for being surrounded by young, thin models on the walls. As did having my daughter along for moral support ;)

- for watching the world: a round, bald man at the traffic lights, wearing a tshirt that declares "F@#$ You - I'm from Frankston". two older men viewing the pedestrian traffic over their coffees: "I would say the young people mostly wear black." says one, with blinding insight into Melbourne fashion :)

1 comment:

Tangerine Meg said...

I found jeans that fit last week, too - but not with the cool name "Demi Curve"! It was quite a wonderful and rare experience!
Love Meg x o