Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

To every mother who gave her babies breastmilk, regardless of how much or how long - thank you. 

To every breastfeeding counsellor, past, present or future, who gave her time to help other women work toward their breastfeeding goals - thank you. 

To every partner, parent, sibling and friend who gave practical and emotional support to someone they love who was breastfeeding - thank you. 

To every health professional who offers up to date breastfeeding information, positive reassurance and consistent advice - thank you. 

To every sales assistant, waiter, security personnel, store owner, cleaning staff, customer and other members of the community who actively support a woman's legal right to breastfeed wherever she may be - thank you. 

To every journalist, photographer, blogger, news reporter and editor who presents positive, unbiased, factual media reports on breastfeeding - thank you. 

To my daughter, my mother, my grandmothers, aunts, sister and others in my family who breastfed as a matter of course, giving all the babies in our families the natural start to life - thank you. 

To my three wonderful children and my granddaughter, who have given me such lovely memories of their happiness at the breast - thank you.

No comments: